Site Access Controller (SAC)
Pay rates: £12 - £13 per hour
Job Description: A Site Access Controller (SAC) will be responsible for controlling access/egress to and from site and collating reports. They are a single point of contact from the worksite to the outside world. The SAC will use the equipment provided to update the MacRail systems, entering site reports and personnel registers for the client's management staff to review. This role is 100% rail industry based and a general duties will include:
- Sign in and out all personnel that arrive on the worksite and maintain accurate records of each person's details using the software provided.
- Ensure that all workers carry full Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Deny access to those that are suspected of being under the influence of drugs or alcohol and contact the Works Manager immediately. Network Rail operate a zero tolerance approach to any worker found intoxicated on a work site.
- Conduct 100% check of Sentinel cards, as indicated on the MacRail system register page. The PTS card must have valid medical, PTS and ICI qualifications as a minimum. Additional checks are undertaken subject to the activity being performed by the member of the workforce signing in.
- Contact the Works Manager (WM) once an hour to receive an update on the progress of work. These updates will then be recorded onto the works' schedule and an entry made into the site diary.
- Communication with the emergency services in the case of an accident.
- Full Driving Licence + Car
- Monday - Friday Days
- Monday - Friday Nights
- Weekend Days and Nights also available