The Munnelly Group
M13 9 PL
Must have SMSTS and references
The Logistics Manager will report into the Project Manager and duties will consist of:
Key interfaces that the logistics manager must ensure early engagement with are: the project planner; the commercial managers procuring the works and the senior construction manager on the site. The construction logistics manager should ensure that the construction team is fully aware of logistics activities in support of the build program.
* Plan site set-up to move labour, plant, and materials around site efficiently (eg hoarding, gates, site accommodation, cranes, hoists, security, temporary services, material delivery and waste management strategy, catering).
* Plan internal and external logistics routes through the project phases focusing on separation of vehicles, machinery and people. Lay down areas and offloading points.
* Pre-plan the usage of key assets such as hoists to ensure planned assets meet the needs of the program.
* Create a secure site
* Responsible for all traffic management internally and externally, weighbridges and road network cleanliness.
* Manage installation of site accommodation and manage these facilities
* Create operational procedures and method statements
* Organise site inductions, ensure induction records are securely stored.
* Create a schedule of logistics meetings and ensure logistics is represented at site meetings.
Supply chain management:
* Describe the characteristics of the site, including site access /egress, storage capacity and arrangement by programme, labour, hoists, cranes etc
* Use the description to produce daily, weekly and long term movements plans
* Understand procurement arrangements
* Control materials in and out of site.
* Plan and integrate with key contractors to meet the needs of the planned programme
* Assist in the evaluation of potential logistic suppliers and appropriate delivery management booking systems.
* Be capable of managing sub-contractors to deliver their package of goods or services
* Variation control and early communication of foreseeable change
* Commercial/contract basic understanding
* Utilise business management system procedures.
* Record keeping and key performance indicator (KPI) production.
If you have relevant large scale construction experience please get in contact. In my opinion this is a great opportunity to work for a busy company on potentially a very long contract.