Business Development Manager
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A proven track record of gaining credibility and influencing at all levels in a sales environment as well as experience in client relationship management over the last 3 years.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask and manage conflicting priorities, whilst working in a demanding environment under considerable time pressure
Business Development Manager Duties will include the following:
- New business acquisition
- Managing the sales process from start to finish
- Building a pipeline and meet KPI's set
- Manage client retention and growth Book and attend own meetings
- Host client and attend events outside of the normal working hours at venues such as the O2 Arena, Chelsea Football Club and Arsenal Football Club to name a few
- Actively contribute to the development of the business.
- Attend monthly sales meetings
- Recording all activities on CRM
- Researching, networking and cold calling prospect clients
- Full time
- While direct working knowledge in the payroll/financial industry is not essential, some understanding and previous experience is highly desirable. Ideally the candidate would have experience in the construction industry or an understanding of the importance of a payroll company.
- Ideally, we would like a person who can hit the ground running and come into the business with experience and contacts behind them
- Must have a driving license as client meetings can be based outside London
Bishopsgate Pay is one of the UK leading providers of payroll. Some of the sectors we work with include, Healthcare, IT, Finance, Education, Entertainment amongst many others with over 4,000 temporary workers using our services each week.
We are growing rapidly and now have plans to expand our sales team. The current sales team consists of a Sales Manager and Business Development Managers who all work towards building new client relationships as well as maintaining existing ones.
The company also consists of a payments and processing team, a customer service department, a marketing team as well as a compliance and legal team.
We believe in individuality and refuse to micro manage members of our sales team. A certain level of maturity is required in this role and the person must understand the demands of the industry they are working in. Training is provided on our products but the individual must have a good track record in sales.
This is a wide-ranging role designed for someone who has an in-depth understanding of how to build new client relationships and maintain them. The successful candidate will be expected to take responsibility for their own client portfolio and generate leads to ensure they continuously hit company sales targets. The individual will have to be able to work well with other team leaders across different departments.
SCOPE AND SCALE OF THE ROLE
- You will be office based to make calls and book appointments.
- The target is 15 prospect clients meetings per week.
- You are employed on a full-time basis and are required to work a minimum of 40 hours. Your normal working hours are from 08:00 to 17:00; Monday to Friday with one hour for lunch every day.
- The nature of this position includes the requirement to be responsive to customer and business needs which means that you are required to work the hours that are necessary in order to fulfil the duties and responsibilities. This may mean working outside normal working hours or on non-working days occasionally, which may include weekends or bank holidays.