For over 34 years, operative supply has been the cornerstone of Munnellysbusiness and we have provided this service with great success to someof the most prestigious projects in the UK. Over this period of timeMunnellys have evolved to meet the growing concerns and demands forsustainable initiatives in social, economic and environmental fields.
We believe that an ethical business should support local communities, deprived or otherwise, whilst operating to a strategy to achieve defined sustainable targets. A profit making organization and fairness and equality can be synonymous.
We will only succeed as a nation if employers take greater responsibility for improving the skills of their employees, and if individuals take more responsibility for improving their own skills.
We strive for this vision in sustainable employment by;
- Forging relationships with the LDA, DWP, Local borough councils and the Job Centre Plus
- Ensuring Labour Market Flexibility in tandem with our clients
- Effectively assessing the skill sets of potential employees before they commence an assignment.
- Providing on-going support and training development for our workforce at site level.
- Holding regular feed-back sessions, where our workforce have the opportunity to give us their views and discuss career development.
We realise that an apprenticeship is the best way to get into a craft construction trade. It enables the student to learn, work, earn and become qualified all at the same time, by combining college learning with on-site experience. We see the benefits of recruiting and employing apprenticeships as being :-
- Structured training framework
- Improved team collaboration
- Improved morale
- Increased productivity
- Effective filling of skills gaps
- Considerably lower recruitment costs
- Low staff turnover
- Implementation of a training route for future skills development.
We are committed to staff development. We recognize the need to continually update skills levels and to ensure that future skills gaps are continually addressed. To this end, we proactively promote apprenticeships and believe that this is an excellent way of improving the business in the long term.